The question to be answered in this guide is: “which is the best CNC plasma table?” so all it requires is the details regarding the intended use of the table.
There are several varieties of tables which vary in size (from 2 x 2 cutting area to 50′ x 350′) and they also vary in cost over thousands and millions of dollars. At the same time, there are different designs that are continually under use for long hours of high productivity.
So determine what is needed for capability, performance, productivity, size, height and budget (purchase and operating cost) then you can be more particular about table will be the very best for you.
What to consider
There are some things to consider when deciding what CNC plasma table to purchase which should involve a lot of things, you can call them “Purchase Criteria”. These are mostly about entry-level and light industrial CNC plasma tables here. Now, to be able to adequately answer which CNC table is the “best” for different individuals on multiple occasions. First I have to ask these questions;
- What particular materials and range of thickness do you need to cut?
- Which material is necessary for you and thickness will you spend most of your time cutting?
- Are you a once in a while hobby shop cutter for your personal use, or are you in business with plans for expansion that will rely on this machine for a continual profit? (Is it a matter of usage in hours per week or shifts per week).
- What are your major cuts (art, hot rod parts, prototype parts, production parts?).
- What sort of tolerances do you need?
- What is your Budget like?
Subsequently, from your careful answers to these questions, you can draft out a bit of a plan regarding the best plasma table that will suit your needs. The fact is that you will get a series of answers from old users because they have gotten familiar or used to the tables and may have forgotten about the startup difficulties.
However, when you are ready to get the table you need be sure it meets up with your necessities and expectations so that you have a very good buy. Below are some of the best plasma tables for 2020 you can carefully consider buying for either personal use only or business use:
Best CNC Plasma Table Reviews for 2020
1. Baileigh PT-22 CNC Plasma Cutting Table
- Water table with ball valve at drain
- Industrial cable track on X axis
- 110 volt power
- Easy to use programming software
- Measures 31-inches length by 29-inches width
The Baileigh PT-22 comes fully and properly assembled, it nullifies the need to spend hours building hoping to get the alignment correctly. Another good feature is that it comes with the material cross supports pre-cut.
The proper operation of the table itself only requires about 110-volt power so it will work well at almost any fabrication site. The design software package makes it possible for users to design a job on any computer and load the plasma table through USB stick. This table also comes standard with a handheld pendant with jog controls for the X and Y axis and program start and stop controls.
There is a single motor drive on “X” axis, dual motor drives on “Y” axis and fully assembled welded main frame, two 5-inches casters and two stationary swivels with brake. There are flat bar grates to support material together with industrial cable track on “X” axis, latched and hinged access doors, with an enclosure to house motor controllers and electronics. This table measures 31-inches length by 29-inches width, 3/4-inches mild steel table load capacity and uses stepper motor driver.
- It saves time.
- It has easy to use programming software which accepts DXF files.
- It comes with material cross supports pre-cut.
- Water table with ball valve at drain.
- It comes standard with two different types of torch holder.
- Requires only about 110-volt power.
- It is quite expensive.
- It requires some technical know-how.
2. CNC PLASMA CUTTER TABLE
This table works with a plasma cutter that increases cut speeds and also outlasts competing consumable life cycles by nearly 3x. It has a linear motion system that gets up to the gantry and torch travel speeds of up to 500 ipm.
This table tends to accelerate cost savings for buyers, in the sense that the faster the cut speeds and higher acceleration and deceleration rates, it reduces job cycle times and increases the amount of metal parts your shop is able to sell.
Also the longer lasting consumables endure pierce counts in excess of 500 pierces before needing a consumable change. Also worth mentioning is the fact that buyers get to save 45% on consumable usage each month when this is compared to many other plasma cutter tables. These cost savings can translate directly into the bottom line profit for the fabrication business.
- Improves cut speeds
- The table is configured with a motion controller.
- It outlasts competing consumable life cycles by nearly 3x.
- Linear motion system accelerates torch travel speeds up to 500 ipm.
- It reduces job cycle times.
- It is quite complicated to get the CNC plasma cutting technology and how it works.
- The CNC plasma cutting tables are costly.
3. GMC, Plasma Table – PT-0510/105A
GMC Plasma table comes with one Hypertherm Powermax plasma source High-quality servo motors drive and high precision cutting Torch height CNC control which is for automatic height detection thereby making it possible for perfect arc distance at all times. It can make perfect cuts on uneven materials.
GMC Plasma Table has built-in dust & fog vacuum system. It is heavy welded with all steel construction for maximum rigidity and heavy-duty industrial grade at max capacity of 1 inch thick & 5’x10’ steel sheet CNC control with UCAN NEST V10 software with basic shape & jobs library and also functional easy to use programming.
You will find a flash card with demo video about how to set up the plasma table. It has a modern CNC control center with compact waterproof control buttons. It also comes with a heavy-duty wiper for hardened & precision ground guide, conduit 36” table height for operator convenience and industrial cable track.
The plasma comes standard factory fully assembled and ready to use. There is overload protection and disconnect switch available.
- Fully assembled and ready to use.
- Modern CNC control center with compact waterproof control buttons.
- There is overload protection and disconnect switch available.
- High precision cutting Torch height CNC control for automatic height detection.
- Offers maximum rigidity.
- Can be complicated to operate or even start up.
- Quite pricey.
Like you already know by now that there are various plasma cutting tables you can find out there but to get the best plasma cutter table you should be sure of what you need. So, determine what is needed for capability, performance, productivity, cut part accuracy and budget (purchase and operating cost), then you can easily narrow the particular plasma cutter tables and the choices down to a specific one.
- Best Plasma Cutter Under $1000
- Best Plasma Cutter Under $500
- Best Cheap Plasma Cutter Reviews
- Best Plasma Cutter With Built-In Air Compressor
- What is a Plasma Cutter Duty Cycle?
- How To Increase Cutting Performance With A Plasma Cutter
- How to Handle Plasma Cutter Safely
- Common Plasma Cutting Problems and Solutions