There are varieties of plasma cutter that you can purchase with varying prices depending on what meets your needs and your budget.
It is widely known that these superb tools can yield awesome results when operated in the correct way. However, there are other expenses that comes with using a plasma cutter even though the cutter itself may cost less than a $1000.
This review is to help you get the best plasma cutter under $1000. With our research and experience with these machines, we hope help you find the best low-budget Plasma Cutter that will meet your needs.
Reviews of the Best Plasma Cutter Under 1000 Dollars
1. Everlast SuperCut51P plasma cutter
- HF start is quick and reliable
- Great "starter" unit for Hobbyist or part time shop
- Low Current draw
- 3 Year (Parts and Labor) and 30 days money back
- Improved MOSFET design over older SuperCut 50P
The Everlast SuperCut 51P, is a very good SuperCut Plasma cutter which is available and is the successor to the long-running and famous SuperCut 50P. It is this newly redesigned MOSFET inverter that is of the SuperCut 51P, which is now better than ever when held in comparison to older models of SuperCuts.
The Everlast SuperCut 51P has features of high-frequency arc starting which helps to decrease start delays. It also provides a continuously engaging pilot arc when in need. It produces clean, low dross cuts for times when you need to make regular maximum cuts of 1/4″ to 3/8″.
The Everlast SuperCut 51P is not recommended for CNC use or in close proximity of sensitive electronics or computers due to the High-Frequency design.
The Plasma cutting capacity is affected by several factors, the ideal cutting conditions require dry air, new consumables, proper air pressure and other factors while the quality of cut depends upon standoff height, consumable orifice size, and travel speed.
- High-frequency arc starting which prevents start delays.
- Produces clean 1/4″ to 3/8″ cuts.
- It comes with a pilot arc.
- Quick and reliable.
- A lot better than the older Supercuts models.
- It is not easy to set up.
- Not recommended for CNC use or in close proximity of sensitive electronics.
2. AHP AlphaCut plasma cutter
- 2018 MODEL / 2018 MODEL / 2018 MODL / 2018 MODEL/ 2018 MODEL
- Blow-back start technology, Pilot Arc / 60 Amps of professional cutting power
- Commercial class, 60% Duty cycle at 60 amps
- 110/220 voltage comes with adapter to take machine from 220v to 110v quickly with the snap of a plug
- Continuous Pilot Arc enables you to cut expanded, rusted, painted metals
The Alpha Cut plasma cutter is a perfect unit for users that make use a plasma cutter often but are not ready to pay thousands of dollars to get into the plasma cutting business.
The Alpha Cut plasma cutter offers you the adequate power to routinely cut 1/2″ and 5/8” steel and even thicker metals when needed. The added iPT 60 torch is now a standard used with many plasma cutters and is chosen for its durability and the fact being that the consumables are easy to find and reasonably priced.
The plasma cutter, even though it is rated for 60 amps output on 240V, features a dual voltage design, which will allow the unit to operate at 120V power with the supplied adapter, at a reduced maximum output.
It has the front mounted air pressure adjustment and all controls are easy to reach. The plasma cutter has 110/220 voltage which comes with an adapter to take the machine from 220v to 110v quickly with the snap of a plug. It has features of continuous Pilot Arc enables you to cut expanded, rusted, painted metals
- Gives clean 1/2″ and 5/8” cuts.
- Pilot arc enabled.
- The unit is easy to operate.
- Optimizes consumable life span and improves productivity.
- Maximum portability.
- Can be tricky to set up.
- It is quite expensive to use and maintain.
3. Everlast SuperUltra Plasma Cutter
- MOSFET-based inverter technology Lightweight and portable
- DC TIG allows fine repairs on Stainless Steel, Chrome Moly and Steel
- 200A TIG / 160A STICK / 50a PLASMA CUTTER COMBO
- HF plasma cutting with pilot arc function
- 1/2" on DC TIG , 3/4" cut on plasma and DUAL VOLTAGE 110v/220v
The Everlast Super Ultra Plasma Cutter is made with the MOSFET inverter design which keeps things simple and streamlined for the budget-minded welding enthusiast. This plasma cutter multi-process unit is more reliable than ever with a new digital control system.
The SuperUltra plasma cutter can adequately handle the occasional welding and plasma cutting chore as a DIY that may crop up around the home, shop or hobby garage. The plasma cutter runs with up to 200 amps of DC TIG welding power, so it can tackle just about any small steel repair that comes its way.
The plasma cutter stick electrode holder with 10 ft. cable and dinse connector as well as AG-60 Plasma torch with 12 ft cable and Dinse connector. It also comes with work clamp with 10 ft cable and Dinse connector.
There is also the argon Regulator for Tig, pressure regulator/water trap for Plasma and economy foot pedal. The SuperUltra with the MOSFET-based inverter technology is lightweight and portable. It uses high-frequency plasma cutting with pilot arc function, 1/2″ on DC TIG , 3/4″ cut on plasma and dual voltage 110v/220v.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Reliable multi-process unit with a new digital control system.
- High-frequency plasma cutting with pilot arc function.
- DC TIG allows fine repairs on Stainless Steel, Chrome Moly and Steel.
- Versatile and gives clean edge cuts.
- It is not easy to set up.
- It is quite costly.
4. Razorweld Plasma Cutter
- High performance & cutting capacity
- 20-45 amp dial changes cutting capacity for your work piece
- Preset air adjustment
- User-friendly, lightweight and portable
- Built-in handle on unit makes it simple to grab and go
Razorweld JRWPC45LT Plasma Cutter is considered as one of the most portable single-phase inverter cutting machines there is. It is made of the combination of a robust custom designed with sure grip torch and it is able to make the operation from cut to finish seamless.
It has a quick release torch feature with euro-connection that ensures complete portability and the option to quickly interchange compatible torches if the need arises.
The plasma cutter is quite easy to operate with regards to the settings and it comes complete with a 2T/4T function which decreases operator fatigue. A simple 20-45 amp dial is just what is needed to change the cutting capacity and finish characteristics on your workpiece.
Also, the low frequency, pilot arc start do ensure a reliable and consistent operator ignition without interference to any close by electrical devices. The plasma cutter comes with a pre-set air-regulator, 19.5ft sure grip torch and a return lead.
This machine has a high performance & cutting capacity with 20-45 amp dial changes cutting capacity for the workpiece and it comes with preset air adjustment.
- Easy to operate.
- Pilot arc start ensures a reliable and consistent ignition.
- Lightweight and portable.
- High performance & cutting capacity.
- Ergonomic design.
- Relatively short duty cycle.
- Quite pricey.
- The consumables get used up fast and it has a lower quality plasma gun.
5. Lotos Non-Touch Pilot Arc Air Plasma Cutter
- Compact plasma cutter has a handle for portability and uses non-hazardous compressed air to cut stainless steel, alloy steel, mild steel, copper, and aluminum
- Pilot arc torch efficiently cuts though rough, painted, and rusty surfaces and produces minimal slag
- MOSFET transistor produces a uniform output to enable cutting of thin metal and can reach high power output for cutting thick metal;PAPST Advanced German Cooling System;
- Max Severance Thickness: 1 1/2" Inch; Ideal Cut Thickness: 1" Inch
- Includes a plasma torch, ground clamp and cable, air regulator, air hose, and air hose connections
Lotos non-torch pilot arc air plasma cutter is a compact plasma cutter that has a handle for portability and makes use of non-hazardous compressed air to cut stainless steel, alloy steel, mild steel, copper, and aluminum. This plasma cutter features the pilot arc torch which efficiently cuts through rough, painted, and rusty surfaces and produces minimal slag.
It also works with the MOSFET transistor that produces a uniform output to make sure cutting of thin metal and can reach high power output for cutting thick metal. It comes standard with a PAPST Advanced German Cooling SysProsand the Max Severance Thickness: 1 1/2″ Inch while the Ideal Cut Thickness: 1″ Inch.
The other components that the Lotos Non-Torch Pilot Arc Air Plasma Cutter includes a plasma torch, ground clamp and cable, air regulator, air hose, and air hose connections.
- Easy to handle and portable.
- Cuts several metal types neatly.
- Efficient and saves power.
- Features a pilot arc.
- Can reach high power output for cutting thicker metal.
- Cheap hose clamp.
- It is quite costly.
Factors Consideration before buying plasma cutter under $1000
To make sure you achieve your goals with the plasma cutter you purchase, here are important factor to put into consideration before the shopping process.
Plasma cutters run on electricity so power is a key factor. Most plasma cutters are either connected to 110 volts or 220 volts outlets. Be sure to check the rating of the amperage. If possible, try to be on the safe side by opting for a cutter with more power than you project you’ll require. One wise thing to do is to have a separate circuit for your cutting device alone.
This measures how many times your plasma cutter can go without overheating. It’s easy to spot this feature on the product description area. The logic is simple, higher duty cycle cutters can be used for longer periods while the opposite applies for shorter duty plasma cutters. So remember that when shopping for your next plasma cutter.
Certain plasma cutters come with an inverter built in. If portability is key to you then these models are your perfect match but there is a catch. The inverter makes these types of plasma cutters more expensive so you might have to stick with one without if your budget has no wiggle room.
This feature allows you to cut metals without the torch making any actual contact. Plasma cutters with a pilot arc do a better job at cutting thick metals and they often yield cleaner cuts with smooth edges. This feature also ups the product price a bit but it’s definitely worth having.
Be sure your plasma cutter can do a good cutting job on varieties of metals. Most of the devices on our list can cut through stainless steel, aluminum and a host of other metal types.
This review is a sound proof that you can find a good plasma cutter in this price range. Interestingly, there are polar opposites as far as price goes, with the higher-priced unit having a lot more features. So in this review of Plasma Cutters under $1000, our personal favorite is the Everlast SuperCut 51P plasma cutter. We highly recommend it.