Having done a comprehensive comparison on different plasma cutter models, we’ve brought you a list of the best plasma cutter under $500.
It is important to settle for a model that meets your needs without necessarily breaking the bank when buying one of these devices. While it is easier for engineers and professional welders to pull this off, less experienced individuals might struggle to find the perfect match for their relatively low budget.
The following plasma cutter reviews will help simplify the technicalities and ensure you meet your metal cutting goals. Let’s get started!
Top-rated Plasma Cutter Under 500 Dollars in 2020
Reviews of the Plasma Cutter Under for 2020
1. Lotos LT5000D Plasma Cutter
- ★ Air PLASMA CUTTER: SUITABLE CUTTING for Stainless Steel, Alloy Steel, Mild Steel, Copper, Aluminum, etc. Uses non-hazardous compressed air to cut, safe and at low cost.
- ★ SAFE AND AT LOW COST: compact plasma cutter has a handle for portability and uses non-hazardous compressed air to cut stainless steel, alloy steel, mild steel, copper, and aluminum.
- ★ THE COMPATIBLE CONSUMABLES SETS for this BROWN Color LT5000D Plasma Cutter are "LCS22" or "LCS33". Please search "Lotos LCS22" or "Lotos LCS33"; ★ It CANNOT compatible with Lotos LCOn20, LCON40 or LCON90 Consumables Sets or any other third part consumables set
- ★ SETUP WITHIN 1 MIN: The pre-installed NPT 1/4” industry type D plug and air filter regulator allows you to quick connect to your air compressor by using the stand coupler existing on your air compressor. The whole machine can be setup quickly within 1 min.
- ★ OUTPUT & PERFORMANCE: 10-50 A DC output, 1/2” ideal clean cut and 3/4” maximum severance cut under 220/240V. 10-35A DC output, 1/3" ideal clean cut and 2/5" maximum severance cut under 110/120V.
- ★ DUAL VOLTAGE INPUT: Automatic Dual Voltage / Dual Frequency (110/120 V 220/240 V 50/60Hz).
- ★ PAPST ADVANCED COOLING SYSTEM: ensure the plasma cutter have a stable and durable high performance.
- ★ PACKAGE INCLUDES: Power supply, Plasma cutting torch, ground clamp, Pre-installed NPT 1/4” industry type D plug and Air filter regulator, consumables, Instruction Manual, etc.
- ★ BUY WITH CONFIDENCE--We offer 30 days refund and 1-year , please submit registration form on our website.
Lotos LT5000D Plasma Cutter is a cutting machine which is designed and constructed to withstand extensive use and perform well in rugged industrial and construction environments. At the time, it is quite perfect for any home project too. Lotos LT5000D is a 50A dual voltage 110/220vac which can be switched from 110V to 220V Digital Inverter Plasma Cutter (50A).
With the use of this portable plasma cutter, it is cheaper than Oxyacetylene after just a few cuts. There is less cleaning, less maintenance, less noxious gases, less fire hazard, and then simply less overall work and a better, cleaner cut. Even the torch trigger can be moved for a custom fit and it can also be used in either position of the finger or thumb.
The torch head is just a low profile for tight spaces. The Lotos Plasma cutter works with high-Frequency DC Plasma which cuts thicker materials than standard DC plasma cutters. Also High-Frequency Plasma cuts faster with less distortion in the workpiece.
The Lotos plasma cutter is suitable for stainless steel, alloy steel, mild steel, copper aluminum, and other metal materials. It has its Max Cut Thickness: 1/2″ ; Max Severance Thickness: 3/4″. We also discuss this model in our review for the lotos brand plasma cutter.
- It cuts faster with less distortion in the workpiece.
- It is a portable plasma cutter.
- It is cheaper than Oxyacetylene after just a few cuts.
- Works with high-Frequency DC Plasma which cuts thick metals easily.
- Less maintenance needed and it is very safe to use.
- It is not easy to set up.
- It uses a lot of consumables.
2. Globalbuy Portable Air Inverter Plasma Cutter
- ¡¾ THE ULTIMATE PLASMA CUTTER¡¿ When precision metalwork cuts matter. Our 50 Amp Digital Air Inverter Plasma Cutter handles cuts up to 1/2" (Max Severance Thickness: 3/4") with ease. Designed for both demanding industrial and construction work, or home and hobby use.
- ¡¾MAKES THE PRECISION CUTS YOU NEED¡¿With your Iglobalbuy Plasma Cutter, you can cut stainless steel, alloy steel, mild steel, copper aluminum, and other metal materials without breaking a sweat. Have limited outlets? No problem. The diversity between 110v and 220v has you covered.
- ¡¾SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE¡¿plasma cutter features PRO technology, more stable performance. High duty cycle result in less power consumption. More economical and effcient than the traditional cutting machine due to the high speed, high temperature and high energy plasma draught.
- ¡¾DIGITAL DISPLAY & SAFE DESIGN¡¿DC output Digital LCD Display, Easy Read Front Panel Air-Pressure Guage, save energy and no noise, High cutting speed, Cutting smoothly and no polish demands. Built-in over-heat protection, over-voltage protection, under voltage protection and over heat protection and lack of compressed air pressure protection.
- ¡¾DESIGNED BY PROFESSIONALS¡¿ If you are serious about getting the job done, Iglobalbuy is a brand you can trust backed by our fanatical customer service. Our high-quality Plasma Cutters are perfect for metalwork jobs of all shapes and sizes, and our optimized design is based on state-of-the-art MOSFET transistors.
Globalbuy Portable Air Inverter Cutting Machine can be used to cut copper, mild steel, stainless steel, alloy steel, and other kinds of color metal materials. It has a cutting capacity that is higher in speed compared to similar cutters.
It comes with features like MOSFET inverter, soft switch, DC output and precision constant current feedback control technology. This plasma cutter uses a wide working voltage range, strong adaptability to the electric power grid, high ability of interference resistance, automatic voltage compensation, stable cutting current and steady arc.
It comes standard with an intensive arc and has a high cutting speed, narrow and smooth kerf, continuous current regulation, little distortion for work-piece, safety and reliable for operation. This cutting machine is waterproof, it has shield from electric shock and also corrosion-resisting.
This plasma cutter has the Automatic Voltage Compensation circuit which prevents voltage load from exceeding maximum in accordance with the main technical data sheet and shortening the life of the machine.
It also has thermal protection circuits which will engage if unit exceeds duty cycle. This will cause the machine to stop working. This cutting machine is particularly designed to use only compressed air as the “gas”.
- It has a high cutting capacity.
- Waterproof and corrosion-resistant.
- It is portable.
- It has thermal protection circuits.
- This plasma cutter has the Automatic Voltage Compensation circuit.
- Saves energy and does not make excessive noise.
- It is quite costly.
- It is limited to using only compressed air as gas.
3. Lotos Plasma Cutter Tig Stick Welder
- ★ PLASMA CUTTER--50AMP Plasma Cutter Current Output; Max Ideal Cut Thickness: 1/2" ; Max Severance Thickness: 3/4"; Compact Plasma Cutter Has a Handle for Portability and Uses Non-Hazardous Compressed Air to Cut Stainless Steel, Alloy Steel, Mild steel, Copper, and Aluminum;
- ★ TIG WELDER: 15-200AMP DC TIG Electric Current Output; Quality TIG welding on Stainless or Steel and Precise Welding of Thinner-gauge Materials; HF arc start hand torch control and Precise Foot Pedal Welding Heat Control(Foot Pedal NOT Included). ★ STICK/MMA WELDER--15-200AMP DC Stick/MMA Electric Current Output; Easy ARC Start, Stable Welding Arc; Deep Weld Pool and Beautiful Welding Shape; Adjustable Hot Striking Arc Current which Can Greatly Improve the Arc-Starting Function; Suitable for We
- ★ SETUP WITHIN 1 MIN--The pre-installed NPT 1/4” industry type D plug and air filter regulator allows you to quick connect to your air compressor by using the stand coupler existing on your air compressor. The whole machine can be setup quickly within 1 min.
- ★ THE COMPATIBLE CONSUMABLES SETS for this BROWN Color CT520D Plasma Cutter are "LCS22" or "LCS33". Please search "Loots LCS22" or "Loots LCS33"; ★ NOT compatible with Loots LCON20, LCON40 or LCON90 Consumables Sets or any other third part consumables set
- ★ BUY WITH CONFIDENCE--We offer 30 days refund and 1-year free warranty, please submit registration form on our website.
The LOTOS CT520D Plasma Cutter is a 3 in 1 unit which offers a variety of multiple welding and cutting functions. It has the capacity to cut various types of metal up to 1/2″ with the 50A plasma cutting function.
This unit can also switch between DC TIG Welder and DC STICK Welder quickly and easily which is a very special function. With a hand carrying weight at 32lbs, this unit is really portable and reliable with features of a duty cycle of 60% at max amps on all processes. It has an option of a foot pedal which is available for purchase.
Other technical features include: 50AMP Plasma Cutter Current Output; Max Ideal Cut Thickness: 1/2″ ; Max Severance Thickness: 3/4″. This compact plasma cutter has a handle for easy usage and it utilizes a hazard-free compressed air to cut through alloy steel, copper, stainless steel, aluminum and mild steel.
This plasma cutter possesses an easy ARC Start, Stable Welding Arc, Deep Weld Pool and an adjustable hot striking arc current which improves the arc-starting function greatly. The Lotos plasma cutter can be used for welding with different kinds of basic or acidic electrode and has a power efficiency of about 85%.
- Portable and versatile.
- A duty cycle of 60% at max amps on all processes.
- Can cut up to 1/2″ of most metals with the 50A plasma cutting function.
- Dual Voltage Capability.
- Improved Arc-Starting Function.
- Multiple welding and cutting functions.
- It uses a lot of consumables and is quite expensive.
- It is not easy to set up.
4. Ramsond Digital Inverter Portable Air Plasma Cutter
- Automatic Dual Voltage/Dual Frequency (110/220v 50/60Hz)
- Integrated Digital Display of Current (Amps) and Pressure Gauge
- Integrated Pressure Gauge Display
- 60% Duty Cycle
- Max Severance Thickness: 1-Inch Max Cut thickness: 3/4-Inch
The Ramsond CUT 50DX is a dual voltage (110V and 220V), inverter technology, high-frequency plasma cutter that operates on dual frequency of both 50 and 60Hz.
It is adequately equipped with digital amp display and integrated pressure gauge. Upgraded with a foldable insulated handle and an efficient cooling system.
It uses the design of the latest high-frequency inverter technology using V-MOSFETs made by TOSHIBA, along with PWM (Pulse Width Modulation), the combination of which help deliver a precise, concentrated and a comparatively constant current to the cutting surface.
This advantage produces a more uniform and cleaner cut compared to others. Consequently, as a result of the improvements, the CUT 50DX now come with a reduced size and weight.
Thus, regardless of the level of your training, you can achieve a uniform cut that is smooth and clean with the Ramsond CUT 50DX, that too on a wide range of surfaces and material.
The model is designed for DIY operations and can also cater to the demands of professional operators. It has an Automatic Dual Voltage/Dual Frequency (110/220v 50/60Hz), Integrated Digital Display of Current (Amps) and Pressure Gauge.
- High-frequency inverter technology.
- Automatic Dual Voltage/Dual Frequency.
- Equipped with digital amp display.
- Integrated pressure gauge located on the front panel.
- Clean and uniform cut on a wide range of surfaces and material
- It is easy to use.
- It is considered expensive.
- Relatively short duty cycle.
5. SUNGOLDPOWER Air Plasma Cutter
Sungoldpower air plasma cutter employs the IGBT technology, not MOSFET. Compared to MOSFET machine, the IGBT machine is a more superior and more stable cutting technology.
The MOSFET plasma cutter can only cut max 12mm, but the IGBT machine can cut max 15mm. The IGBT tech is more superior than MOSFT tech in the other aspects such as: logic level switching and isolation, gate capacitance oscillation, cost, effectiveness at higher voltages, Peak current capabilities, forward resistance and temperature drift, switching speeds and response time, heat dissipation requirements.
The Sungoldpower plasma cutter has the following features which include IGBT inverter soft switch, DC output, Digital LCD display, easy read front panel air-pressure guage.
Its maximum cutting thickness is 15mm, Suitable for cutting Stainless steel, copper, iron and aluminum metal etc. There are over current and air pressure light indicators that keep you updated on your units operating condition.
- Efficient and versatile.
- Built-in over-heat protection and over-voltage protection.
- It is economical.
- Energy saving and operates without noise.
- Adjustable cutting current.
- It is quite complicated to set up.
- It is also pricey.
6. SIMADRE Titan 110V/220V Plasma Cutter
- SIMADRE TITAN 50R 50 AMP 110/220V PLASMA CUTTER
- 50A SAFETY-GUARDED HANDLE-STYLE POWER TORCH
- BRAND NEW ENHANCED MOSFET MODEL with Accessories
- Cutting Thickness - Rated 3/4" , 1" Serverance Cut
- This unit comes with One Year Warranty
The Simadre Titan 50RX voltage plasma cutter uses a 110V/220V duty cycle, 60% cycle at 50amps and 100% at 30 Amps, to produce a clean cut with a cutting thickness of 3/4 inches at a rate of 7.5 inches per minute; cutting thickness 14-16mm under 220v and 12-14mm under 110v. It employs an advanced air inverter technology with fuji chip and also equipped with a large cooling fan, the PAPST Advanced German Cooling System for a longer lifespan.
It is really portable and easy to carry anywhere. At 30 pounds, it is much lighter than many units at any price and looked solid.
It has a rated ouput current of 50 Amps from a voltage input of 220V Frequency 50 and 60 Hz and an operating air pressure as 75 psi at 5 cfm.
The package includes a Plasma Cutter inverter Unit, Ground clamp and Ground Cable, Electrode, Mounting Bracket. Hose, Torch with Hose, Nozzle, Ceramic Shield Cup, Air Filter/Regulator, Clamps and an owner manual. The buyer needs to install a 110v or 220v power plug and prepares own air compressor.
- It is lightweight.
- Uses 110V / 220V Dual Voltage.
- It employs an advanced air inverter technology.
- Upgraded cooling system.
- Duty cycle is great for the price.
- It gives slightly rough cuts.
- Few complaints that it doesn’t cut up to 1/2” metal as advertised.
What to look while buying the best plasma cutters under $500?
When planning to get yourself one of these cutting devices, it is important to put a number of key factors into consideration. These include:
Every plasma cutter requires a resting time after each cutting session and this is referred to as the duty cycle. For DIY lovers who only use their device sparingly during leisure or free periods, this function doesn’t account for a lot. However, if you intend to use your cutter regularly, then be sure to check out the duty cycle of your intended plasma cutter.
Not all plasma cutters are made the same. As a result it is important to give though to the thickness of the type of metal(s) you intend to cut. A good number of beginner level plasma cutters can give a clean 0.5 inches cut while others can cut an entire inch. Ensure that the machine you are buying can make the required cut on the type of metal you will be cutting is vital.
Be sure you have a source of the required power output for your plasma cutter to function at full capacity. Most standard cutters run on current levels between 40 to 100 ampere. A power supply of 220 watts is great for these machines. However, for those running at above 100 watts, you have to be sure you’ve got the right power source to operate them before purchase.
This refers to the parts of your plasma cutter that is used up during operation. You need to be sure that these parts are easily accessible in your vicinity. Virtually all of the cutters in our review have a ready market for their consumables as well as spare parts.
This factor affects everything you are parting with money for. While there are a good number of reliable plasma cutters under 500$, it is recommended that you go for a model that comes with a warranty. Opt for devices with good cooling systems and high-quality torches that minimize the degree of operational wear and tear.
There is a lot to consider when buying a plasma cutter. It is important to settle for one that meets your need and fits your budget. Our review was aimed at bringing you all the information about the best plasma cutters under $500 that we could find.
Our personal favorite among the list is the Lotos LT5000D Plasma Cutter. It is one of the best you can get below the $500 price mark. It combines precise cutting and ease of use with durability and high efficiency.