One fact that should be relatively known is that price doesn’t necessarily mean quality, the most expensive product may not be the best quality, some other factors make some product to be expensive.
However, the fact is that you can get a cheap plasma cutter to perform like a high-end expensive one and that is what this guide is all about.
This is to help you invest in the best cheap plasma cutter to give you some innovative advantages.
How Much Reliable Are Inexpensive Plasma Cutters?
Just like you ought to know by now that with the fast advancement of technology even the low priced plasma cutter possess the reliable and fascinating features that the highly expensive plasma cutter possess especially the most needed features in any good plasma cutter.
Inexpensive plasma cutter is just as reliable as the expensive ones regardless of the prices that vary, what you need is how to get your hands on the very good and quality ones with the advantage of cheap prices.
This gives the reviews of the best cheap plasma cutter you can find by 2020. Generally, plasma cutters are quite handy as tools to have in one’s shop or garage, just that buying them or investment on them if you are not using them all the time might be a bit steep.
The good news is that technology has changed things as manufacturers have brought in some very high quality yet inexpensive plasma cutters. Below you will find some of the best cheap plasma cutters.
Best Cheap Plasma Cutter Reviews for 2020
1. Lotos 35Amp Air Plasma Cutter
- ★ PORTABLE but POWERFUL--the Lotos LT3500 can easily cut up to 2/5”(10 mm) metal under maximum output with ultimate portability weighing only 18lbs; The LT3500 is an excellent choice for home DIY jobs and light duty small business projects.
- ★ QUICK Setup--the per installed NPT 1/4” industry type D plug allows you to quick connect to your air compressor by using the stand coupler existing on your air compressor. The 110V input design allows the machine can easily connected to your existing 110v wall outlet. The whole machine can be setup quickly within 1 mins.
- ★ INPUT & OUTPUT--110V-125V, 1PH, 50/60Hz @ 40 A input; Automatic dual frequency (50/60Hz); 12-35 A DC output, 2/5” ideal clean cut and 1/2” maximum severance cut
- ★SUITABLE CUTTING--for Stainless Steel, Alloy Steel, Mild Steel, Copper, etc. Uses non-hazardous compressed air to cut, safe and low cost. ★ PACKAGE INCLUDES--power supply, cutting torch, consumables, ground clamp PRE INSTALLED Air Filter Regulator.
- ★ SATISFACTION GUARANTEED--with confidence, as we offer 30-days refund/replacement and 1 year warranty. ★ FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US--our customer Care team is always ready to help. Naturally, we hope you don't encounter any problems, but when they crop up, our customer support is there to help! we will provide the Best solution for you.
The LOTOS LT3500 Plasma Cutter is a well-designed plasma cutter for light cutting projects. It is this plasma cutter that you will find to be the most compact plasma cutter you can get in the market and weighs only 8kg (17.6lbs).
However, this powerful unit is strong enough to cut a 10mm (2/5inch) metal with 15mm (3/5inch) severance thickness, which makes it your ideal choice especially if you are a cost conscious DIY hobbyists.
In so many ways, the LT3500 is similar to the LT3200 except it has a higher amperage range up to 35 A under 110 V. This plasma cutter also has a pre-installed air filter and air gauge ready to be connected, your air compressor with the stand NPT 1/4” industry type D coupler (can be setup quickly within 2 minutes).
The LT3500 can easily cut through 2/5” (10 mm) metal with a very good portability weighing only 18lbs. The 110V input design permits the machine can easily connect to your existing 110v wall outlet.
The whole machine can be setup quickly within 1 min. This plasma cutter uses 110V-125V, 1PH, 50/60Hz @ 30 A input; Automatic dual frequency (50/60Hz); 12-35 A DC output, 2/5” ideal clean cut and 3/5” maximum severance cut.
It is suitable for cutting Stainless Steel, Alloy Steel, Mild Steel, Copper, Aluminum, etc. Uses non-hazardous compressed air to cut safely and at low cost.
The package when purchased includes power supply, cutting torch, consumables, ground clamp, Pre-installed NPT 1/4” industry type D plug and Air filter regulator.
- It can be set up quickly.
- It is easy to carry which means it is portable
- It is powerful enough to cut through 10mm metal
- It is quite inexpensive.
- It has a pre-installed air filter and air gauge.
- It has a good amperage range.
- It can’t cut through very thick metals.
- It is majorly used for light cutting projects.
Read Also: Lotos Plasma Cutter Review
2. ZENY DC Inverter Plasma Cutter
- 【High Efficiency & Energy Saving】-- ZENY cutter machine by using inverter technical of switch power, stable and matureit greatly reduces the dimensions and weight of main transformer, energy saving 50%, as well as the efficiency is increased by 30%. Improved cooling method for the cutting torch; greatly makes the cutting consumables more endurable.
- 【 110V or 220V Dual Voltage】-- The ability of the dual voltage allows the plasma cutter to operate at 110V or 220V, with a power of 60HZ. The plasma cutter has the function to supply gas ahead and turn off gas delayed.
- 【Compact Design & Widely Applications】-- This ZENY compact plasma cutter has a handle for portability. Easy taking.The net weight is 22.05LB. It is perfect for perfect for home DIY and general repairing work. Ideal for both home garages and workshops.
- 【Specification for Cutter Machine】-- Voltage: 110/220V, 60HZ, 3.5/4.8KVA; Main Fuse: 16/22A; Current rage:20-50A; No-load Voltage:230V; Duty cycle: 60%; Efficiency:85%; Insulation class:F; Protection class: IP21S; Max cutting thickness:1-12mm
Zeny Plasma arc cutting machine has special features of the latest technology and very good for the processing of metal materials machinery.
This Plasma Cutting machine is equipped with a high-quality Plasma Torch which enhances and improves the quality of the cutting.
It can be used for a wide range of applications which includes automotive, site work, sheet metal fabrication, light industrial use, ducting work, repair and maintenance services.
This plasma cutter has voltage of about 110/220V, 60HZ, 3.5/4.8KVA; Main Fuse: 16/22A. Current rage:20-50A; No-load Voltage:230V and the Duty cycle: 60%; Efficiency:85%
Zeny plasma cutter is good for small metal cutting jobs and great for DIY home projects and more. It is also cheap, but it seems to be good, if you are not going to cut thick metal for too long and load too much.
- It is cheap and good for small metal cutting jobs.
- It is great for home projects.
- It is useful for wide range of applications.
- It is very good for the processing of metal materials machinery
- It has a sound efficiency.
- It has a high-quality plasma torch which improves the cut quality.
- It cannot be used for large metal cutting jobs.
- It cannot cut thick metal for too long.
- It should not be loaded too much.
Read Also: Zeny Plasma Cutter Reviews
3. Goplus Electric Digital Plasma Cutter Inverter
- 【Inverter Technical】By adopting inverter technical of switch power, it greatly reduces the dimensions and weight of main transformer, as well as the efficiency is increased by 30%.
- 【Dual Voltage】The ability of the dual voltage allows the plasma cutter to operate at 110V or 220V, with a power of 60HZ.
- 【Portable Handle】The plasma cutter is equipped with a portable handle, which can easily bring to wherever you need it with the handle.
- 【Special Function】The plasma cutter has the function to supply gas ahead and turn off gas delayed.
- 【Application Environment】The plasma cutter can be used in an outside temperature of -10 degrees to +40 degrees, with the maximum humidity reaching 80%.
Goplus Electric Digital Plasma Cutter is a Professional Plasma Cutter, which is mostly used for Cutting Stainless Steel, Alloy Steel, Mild Steel, Copper And Other Color Metal Materials.
It is invented of the most advanced invert technology and it comes with a special function that it can supply gas ahead and also turn off gas delayed.
This plasma cutting machine has these characteristics: Stabilizing, Reliability, Lightness, Save-Energy, No Noise, High Cutting Speed, Cutting Smoothly and No Polish Demands.
This plasma cutter has a part of it as inverter technical, so by adopting inverter technical of switch power, it greatly decreases the dimensions and weight of the main transformer, as well as the efficiency is clearly increased by 30%.
It also has the feature of dual voltage. The ability of the dual voltage allows the plasma cutter to operate at 110V or 220V, with a power of 60HZ. The plasma cutter is equipped with a portable handle so that you can easily bring it to wherever you need it with the portable handle.
It also comes with a special function which has to do with the gas supply. The plasma cutter has the function to supply gas ahead and turn off gas delayed. The plasma cutter can be used in and about to withstand an outside temperature of about -10 degrees to +40 degrees, with the maximum humidity reaching 80%.
- It has special function to supply gas ahead and turn off gas delayed.
- It has inverter technical of switch power.
- The plasma cutter has the feature of dual power.
- It can withstand some outside temperature range and humidity reaching 80%.
- It comes with a portable handle for easy carrying.
- It has high cutting speed and reliability.
- The setup is not easy to put up.
- It is used mostly by professionals.
4. SUNGOLDPOWER Air Plasma Cutter
Sungold Power Air Plasma Cutter Inverter DC Digital Display is made of the IGBT tech which is more superior than MOSFT tech in the following aspects: Forward resistance and temperature drift, logic level switching and isolation, gate capacitance oscillation, cost, peak current capabilities, switching speeds and response time, effectiveness at higher voltages, heat dissipation requirements.
This plasma cutter has the following features as to the IGBT tech; IGBT inverter soft switch, DC output, Digital LCD display, easy read front panel air-pressure guage, Max cutting thickness is 15mm.
It is suitable for cutting stainless steel, copper, iron and aluminum metal etc. There are over current and air pressure light indicators that keep you updated on your units operating condition.
It saves energy and no noise with high cutting speed, cutting smoothly and no polish demands whatsoever. It also has strong interference resistance, stable cutting current and continuous current regulation, waterproof, shield from electric shock.
Sungold Power Air Plasma Cutter Inverter has these special features with IGBT soft-switch technology, more stable performance. High duty cycle result in less power consumption.
It is cost-effective and efficient than the traditional cutting machine because of the high speed, high temperature and high energy plasma draught.
It works with an adjustable cutting current to satisfy the cutting demands based on different kinds of material and thickness of the working plate. There is the built-in over-heat protection, over-voltage protection, under voltage protection and overheat protection and lack of compressed air pressure protection.
- It has high cutting speed.
- It saves energy and there is no noise
- It is waterproof and has shielded from electric shock.
- No polish demands needed.
- It has built-in overheat protection
- It has both over voltage and under voltage protection.
- It has high technology operatives which require the technical know how
- It is not easy to set up.
5. LONGEVITY Forcecut Pilot Arc Plasma Cutter
- 40 amp plasma cutter capable of cutting 1/2" steel on 220v and 1/4" steel on 110v
- Allows for 110v 220v Operation with the switch of the power plug
- Cut all metals including aluminum much cleaner than the oxy-fuel torch
- Digital display and air adjustment on the front for fine tuning.
- Cost of operation is low with low price consumables. Uses compressed air from an air compressor. Don’t forget to get extra tips.
The ForceCut 40D is a plasma cutter that has a dual voltage 110v/220v capable of cutting 1/2” thick steel at 40amps on 220v and 1/4″ on 110v.
This plasma cutting machine is powerful with a 35% duty cycle, and it is able to withstand long periods of cutting. With the use of any air compressor that puts out 45-65 psi, it makes it possible for you to cut all exotic metals fast, clean, and effectively.
The Longevity Forcecut 40 amp plasma cutter is well capable of cutting 1/2″ steel on 220v and 1/4″ steel on 110v. The plasma cutter allows for 110v-220v operation with the switch of the power plug.
Also it is able to cut all metals including aluminum much cleaner than the oxy-fuel torch. Longevity Forcecut 40 amp pilot arc plasma cutter has the special features of digital display and air adjustment on the front for fine-tuning. Even the cost of operation is low with low price consumables. It also uses compressed air from an air compressor.
- It is capable of cutting all metals much cleaner than the oxy-fuel torch.
- The cost of its operation is low.
- It has dual voltage which can be switched over with the switch of the power plug.
- It has features of digital display and air adjustment for fine tuning.
- It can withstand long periods of cutting.
- It is capable of cutting exotic metals fast, clean and efficient.
- It is not portable to carry as relative to other plasma cutters.
- It is not straightforward to operate and set up.
What to look for when buying a cheap plasma cutter
There are some important features you need to look for in whichever unit you decide to buy. This is to ensure that it serves the purpose you have in mind. The things to consider include the following;
The duty cycle of a plasma cutter is a very important factor to consider when you are to get one. There are plasma cutters designed for shorter durations. You can make your buying decision based on the average thickness the unit is capable of cutting if you need a unit can work all day under heavy load. Though for the shorter the durations duty cycle tend to maximize the amount of power available during that time but may not perform the same under significant or heavy usage.
Input Voltage and Amperage
The input voltage of the unit is another important feature you must consider. The common plasma cutters are either 120 or 220 volts. Though there are some units that are capable of working with either. Therefore, depending on which volt you have available in your shop, if there is a 220v outlet available in your shop then your best bet is to go that route.
Cutting Speed and Thickness
Another important variable is the cutting speed and thickness of the plasma cutter. This actually depends on the length of the cuts you need to make. When you get to the maximum thickness rating of the plasma cutter, it becomes slower at cutting. When you have to slow down you’ll often have to go back and clean up the cut. Hence, you need to understand what types of materials you will be cutting most times then make sure the unit you choose can comfortably and quickly handle it.
We have two types: high frequency and contact, this is also an important feature to consider. You need s contact start if you will be using cutting machine near computers, analytical equipment or other sensitive electronic devices. It will ensure that no interference occurs with your other devices.
Type of Air Supply
Different methods are available which depends on what you are cutting if you will need portability or not but forced air is important in plasma cutting. You can also get some units with a built-in air compressor, but most lower priced units will require a separate air compressor.
How Much Reliable Are The Cheapest Plasma Cutters?
The fact is that you cannot expect to get extraordinary features from the inexpensive plasma cutter. Nonetheless they are very much reliable to meet your needs for your DIY jobs. Many people have owned these low-cost plasma cutters for years and it is still performing their cutting job without any problem.
At this point, we can safely conclude that cheap doesn’t necessarily mean poor quality. Even though you might not get a lot of advanced features from these cheap tools. But for home DIY jobs and light duty small business projects, these good cheap plasma cutters will obviously work well. Among these best cheap plasma cutters, the Sungoldpower Air Plasma Cutter is highly recommended due to its high effectiveness and efficiency. It is one of the best inexpensive plasma cutters out there.