If you work in the metal fabrication industry and are curious to know if LOTOS Plasma Cutters are worth investing in and adding to your garage then this review is for you.
The overall quality of your cutter affects the quality of the cuts you make. There is no doubt that everyone wants to get the best plasma cutter that will serve their needs at a very low cost.
The Lotos technology is just the revolutionary plasma cutter solution we all need.
Hope this top 4 Lotos plasma cutter review guides you to the right investment.
Table of Contents
- Top-Rated Lotos Plasma Cutter for 2019
- About LOTOS
- Why You Choose Lotos Plasma Cutter
- Top 4 Lotos Plasma Cutter Review
- FAQs about Lotos Plasma Cutter
- • Where is the headquarter of Lotos Technology?
- • How do I figure out the type of equipment I need for a particular job?
- • What is plasma cutting?
- • What types of metal can the Lotos plasma cutter cut?
- • As a beginner how much skill do I need to use the Lotos plasma cutter?
- • Can the Lotos Plasma cutters work with a CNC table?
- • What are those safety issues I need to consider when using the Lotos Plasma cutter?
Top-Rated Lotos Plasma Cutter for 2019
Last update on 2021-09-29 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
With its headquarters in Sunnyvale California, the Lotos Tech supplies first-class quality welding and cutting machines/tools for DIYs, small business and also for professional use.
Since 2000, the Lotos operated by Zion-Global introduced the Inverter technology in welding & cutting machines. The Lotos Plasma cutters are specially designed to meet the demands of all and sundry in the metalwork industry.
Why You Choose Lotos Plasma Cutter
The Lotos plasma cutters have been found to be an affordable alternative to those high price plasma cutters. Capable of performing the cutting tasks most users will need it to perform without any problem. Excellent in cutting metal of varied thickness depending on the material’s application.
As it is with the product quality, everyone is looking for a budget-friendly but efficient plasma cutter. And the Lotos plasma cutters fits well in this category.
The Lotos Plasma Cutters costs one-third the cost of plasma cutters from other manufacturers with the same cutting capacity. This makes Lotos the most desirable plasma cutter brand for anyone looking for a good and budget-friendly plasma cutter that won’t break the bank.
The Lotos claim cut up to 1/2-inch steel, this is the same with other machines costing over 3-times as much. The question that is asked by most non-Lotos users is, how could such cheap cutters provide such a high performance? Well, the answer is, they’re cheaply built cutters with exaggerated capabilities. And you won’t find this same performance, efficiency, and durability anywhere outside the Lotos.
Looking at the fact that plasma cutters undergo a lot of stress while in use, a warranty is very crucial. This is so because there is every probability of a part failing during the process of using the machine. And the Lotos looks into this with utmost concern as the company gives a minimum of 1-year warranty on all their products. Good customer service and warranty are two important factors the Lotos pay much attention to in their products. And this is the reason why the company has grown very popular over the years.
During the entire lifespan of your machine, you are going to be using various consumables. This implies that in 10-20 years from now you would need to find these parts. The LOTOS is a company that has come to stay, they have sold tons of units, this means you can get these consumables many years from now. We feel buying the Lotos Plasma Cutter is the safest option for us.
Top 4 Lotos Plasma Cutter Review
1. Lotos-LTP5000D50 Amp Pilot-Arc Plasma Cutter
- NON-TOUCH PILOT ARC PLASMA CUTTER: efficiently cuts though rough, painted, and rusty surfaces and produces minimal slag. Pilot arc technology allows you to cut without touching the tip to the metal. Better cutting quality and longer consumable life.
- SAFE AND AT LOW COST: compact plasma cutter has a handle for portability and uses non-hazardous compressed air to cut stainless steel, alloy steel, mild steel, copper, and aluminum.
- Country of origin : China
- OUTPUT & PERFORMANCE: 10-50 A DC output, 1/2” ideal clean cut and 3/4” maximum severance cut under 220/240V. 10-35A DC output, 1/3" ideal clean cut and 2/5" maximum severance cut under 110/120V. SUITABLE CUTTING for Stainless Steel, Alloy Steel, Mild Steel, Copper, Aluminum, etc. Uses non-hazardous compressed air to cut, safe and at low cost.
- 50 Amp Digital Inverter Air Plasma Cutter
Last update on 2021-10-22 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
First on the list is the Lotos LTP5000D, this plasma-cutter delivers a strong cutting performance right in a compact package. Comes with all amazing features that get everyone talking.
The Pilot-arc features are specially designed for continuous cutting on rough surfaces including rusty and painted metals. An improved MOSFET design transistor gives a high power output for cutting through thick metals at the same time steady power output for cutting thin metals.
One amazing fact is that the machine employs the use of air compressor technology. This makes the machine safe to use as the air is the air is compressed. Capable of cutting through aluminum, copper and steel plates. It can also be used to cut rough-rusty and painted surfaces.
The dual voltage capabilities allow the machine to run smoothly on both 110V and 220 at 60 and 50 Hz respectively. The duty cycle is 60% at 50A. The machine is sold with a plasma torch, air regulator, ground clamp with cable and hose connections.
- Very portable
- A lot of positive customer reviews
- Rated to cut 1/2-inch steel
- High efficiency
- Difficult to get worn out parts
- The build quality has been questioned by some users.
2. Lotos-CT520D Plasma Cutter -TigStick -Welder 3-in-1 Combo
- ★ PLASMA CUTTER--50AMP Plasma Cutter Current Output; Max Ideal Cut Thickness: 1/2" ; Max Severance Thickness: 3/4"; Compact Plasma Cutter Has a Handle for Portability and Uses Non-Hazardous Compressed Air to Cut Stainless Steel, Alloy Steel, Mild steel, Copper, and Aluminum;
- ★ TIG WELDER: 15-200AMP DC TIG Electric Current Output; Quality TIG welding on Stainless or Steel and Precise Welding of Thinner-gauge Materials; HF arc start hand torch control and Precise Foot Pedal Welding Heat Control(Foot Pedal NOT Included). ★ STICK/MMA WELDER--15-200AMP DC Stick/MMA Electric Current Output; Easy ARC Start, Stable Welding Arc; Deep Weld Pool and Beautiful Welding Shape; Adjustable Hot Striking Arc Current which Can Greatly Improve the Arc-Starting Function; Suitable for We
- ★ SETUP WITHIN 1 MIN--The pre-installed NPT 1/4” industry type D plug and air filter regulator allows you to quick connect to your air compressor by using the stand coupler existing on your air compressor. The whole machine can be setup quickly within 1 min.
- ★ THE COMPATIBLE CONSUMABLES SETS for this BROWN Color CT520D Plasma Cutter are "LCS22" or "LCS33". Please search "Loots LCS22" or "Loots LCS33"; ★ NOT compatible with Loots LCON20, LCON40 or LCON90 Consumables Sets or any other third part consumables set
- ★ BUY WITH CONFIDENCE--We offer 30 days refund and 1-year free warranty, please submit registration form on our website.
Last update on 2021-09-25 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Lotos-CT520D is among the first to market multipurpose plasma cutter that allows the operator to DC TIG-STICK weld and plasma-cut from one portable machine.
This machine combines three-in-one function, with a 200 A Stick Welder, a 200 A DC-TIG welder and a 50-A air plasma cutter right with a single flip of a switch. Able to cut a variety of metal up to 1/2 inch with the 50A pilot-arc plasma cutting function. In addition, the switching process between DC Stick Welder, DC-TIG and the plasma cutter is fast and easy.
Above all the machine is designed to meet the demands of all and sundry in the metalwork industry, ranging from DIY to small business use and for professional use as well. With a hand-carrying weight at 30 lbs, this tool is portable and reliable.
Featuring 60% duty cycle at max amps, automatic dual voltage and dual frequency 3/4 inch maximum severance cut, 1/2 inch maximum ideal cut thickness and one year limited warranty on the following and consumables : power supply, Tig Torch, Cutting torch, ground clamp, consumables, air filter and regulator, connections and welder torch.
- Makes precise cuts
- Fairly priced
- Easy to read gauges
- Dual voltage
- Uses non-hazardous compressed air
- The torch trigger is not guarded
- One year limited warranty
3. Lotos LT5000D Plasma Cutter
- ★ Air PLASMA CUTTER: SUITABLE CUTTING for Stainless Steel, Alloy Steel, Mild Steel, Copper, Aluminum, etc. Uses non-hazardous compressed air to cut, safe and at low cost.
- ★ SAFE AND AT LOW COST: compact plasma cutter has a handle for portability and uses non-hazardous compressed air to cut stainless steel, alloy steel, mild steel, copper, and aluminum.
- ★ THE COMPATIBLE CONSUMABLES SETS for this BROWN Color LT5000D Plasma Cutter are "LCS22" or "LCS33". Please search "Lotos LCS22" or "Lotos LCS33"; ★ It CANNOT compatible with Lotos LCOn20, LCON40 or LCON90 Consumables Sets or any other third part consumables set
- ★ SETUP WITHIN 1 MIN: The pre-installed NPT 1/4” industry type D plug and air filter regulator allows you to quick connect to your air compressor by using the stand coupler existing on your air compressor. The whole machine can be setup quickly within 1 min.
- ★ OUTPUT & PERFORMANCE: 10-50 A DC output, 1/2” ideal clean cut and 3/4” maximum severance cut under 220/240V. 10-35A DC output, 1/3" ideal clean cut and 2/5" maximum severance cut under 110/120V. Engine Power : Electric (AC)
Last update on 2021-09-25 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Ranking as one of the top manufacturer of arc (MMA), Tig/stick welding, and plasma cutting equipment in the world, the Lotos is very proud to offer to the world its newly improved plasma cutting machine, the LT5000D. This plasma cutter is designed to withstand extensive use even in the rugged construction and industrial environment.
It’s also great for any kind of home project as well. The Lotos-LT5000D dual voltage digital inverter plasma cutting machine (110/220V) at 50A. Using this compact plasma cutting device is cheaper than Oxyacetylene after a few cuts. Less maintenance, less cleaning, less fire hazard, and less noxious gases. This simply means less overall work but better and cleaner cuts.
The torch head is a low profile for tight spaces. With high frequency, this plasma cutter cuts thicker materials far better than even the most expensive plasma cutter available in the market. That sounds great!!! Isn’t it? Cuts metal faster with less distortion.
- Very efficient
- Inexpensive when compared to its competitors
- Comes with the complete package (accessories) to get you ready for the job
- Excellent price/performance ratio.
- Very powerful
- Few customer complaints about the build quality
- Some professionals are of the opinion that it is not a professional-grade machine.
4. Lotos Supreme LTP5500D Plasma Cutter
- ★ PORTABLE and POWERFUL--The LTP5500D can easily cut 3/5” (15 mm) metal with ultimate portability weighing only 15lbs; The LT5500D is an excellent choice for home DIY jobs and light duty small business projects. ★ Non-HF--Non-HF Blowback Start, there is no HF interference.
- ★ SETUP WITHIN 1 MIN--the per-installed NPT 1/4” industry type D plug and air filter regulator allows you to quick connect to your air compressor by using the stand coupler existing on your air compressor. The Non-HF start torch with central connector save your time to connect the torch to your plasma cutter. The whole machine can be setup quickly within 1 min.
- ★INPUT: Automatic Dual Voltage 110~125V or 215~245V. Fully Output Circuit Breaker Requiement: 110V @ 50A and 220V @ 40A. Air Compressor Requirement: 70 PSI @ 4.0SCFM. ★OUTPUT: 20-55 A DC output, 3/5” ideal clean cut and 1” maximum severance cut under 220/240V. 20-35A DC output, 3/8" ideal clean cut and 1/2" maximum severance cut under 110/120V. ★SUITABLE CUTTING--for Stainless Steel, Alloy Steel, Mild Steel, Copper, Aluminum, etc. Uses non-hazardous compressed air to cut, safe and at low cost.
- ★ PACKAGE INCLUDES-- power supply, blowback Non-HF start cutting torch, consumables, ground clamp, Pre-installed NPT 1/4” industry type D plug and Air filter regulator.
- ★ SATISFACTION GUARANTEED--with confidence, as we offer 30-days refund/replacement and 1 year warranty. ★ FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US--our customer Care team is always ready to help. Naturally, we hope you don't encounter any problems, but when they crop up, our customer support is there to help! we will provide the Best solution for you.
Last update on 2021-09-29 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The new redesigned LOTOS No-H-F is a non-high-frequency start plasma cutter. The blowback back starts used is safe for CNC application and excellent for general use.
Whenever air pressure is applied, the movement of the electrode against its inner surface creates a spark energizing the plasma stream. With this type of start type and pilot-arc design, you will be cutting any kind of metal surface without having to strike the arc. This is ideal for expanded metals and uneven surfaces.
The Lotos Non-HF has a wide range of applications, suitable for cutting: Mild Steel, alloy steel, stainless steel, copper, aluminum and other conductive metals. Portable and very powerful, the Lotos Non-HF can easily cut 15mm (3/5inch) metal.
The machine can be easily moved around as it weighs 15lbs only. The fact that the machine employs the Non-HF Blow-back makes it not to interfere with your CNC computer. Hence, the best option for your DIY jobs in home or garage and also for light-duty business projects.
- The best in performance you can ever get on the market.
- CNC enable
- Very powerful
- 3 years warranty
- Difficulty getting replacement parts.
- Does not come with gloves and glasses
FAQs about Lotos Plasma Cutter
• Where is the headquarter of Lotos Technology?
The Lotos technology has its headquarters based in Sunnyvale California. The company service and supplies welding and cutting tools and their consumables to customers for professional use or DIY. Since 2007, their products and services have continued to gain popularity as a reputable source for portable and affordable plasma cutters.
• How do I figure out the type of equipment I need for a particular job?
The Lotos welders and cutters have a variety of applications. These tools operate with an extensive range of power output options. Therefore, the equipment you need depends on what you want to use the machine for.
• What is plasma cutting?
Plasma cutting is the process used to cut steel and metals of different thicknesses using a plasma torch. The process uses compressed air or inert gas is blown at a very high speed out of a nozzle, also an electric-arc is formed from the nozzle and to the surface being cut, this way turning the gas into plasma. This plasma is very hot that it can melt a metal and cut it away.
• What types of metal can the Lotos plasma cutter cut?
The Lotos plasma cutters can be used to cut any type of metal if the metal is electrically conductive. These include stainless steel, mild steel, copper, and aluminum. However, the cuts are de-rated with softer metals especially the stainless steel, copper, and aluminum. Rating means the metal thickness a cutter can cut at the rate of 10-inches per minute.
• As a beginner how much skill do I need to use the Lotos plasma cutter?
The Air plasma-arc process has been modified in such that the plasma gives excellent cuts, piercing and gauging at high speeds but easy to operate. Although the technology behind this process may seem complicated to a beginner, the process is very easy to learn. Just follow the instructions in the user manual and you are good for the job. However, we recommend you make some few practice cuts to enable you to set a proper amperage cutting level.
• Can the Lotos Plasma cutters work with a CNC table?
Most of the Lotos Plasma cutters are of high-frequency start, therefore, it is not recommended to use these machines for CNC. In order to get the best results, it good to use low-frequency start for Lotos Plasma Cutters.
• What are those safety issues I need to consider when using the Lotos Plasma cutter?
Firstly, we advise you go through your product manual for a comprehensive safety information. However, as a quick guide, you can consider the below.
– Sturdy protective footwear that has a rubber a sole should be worn.
– Use a welding mask and safety glasses at all times while working.
– Long and loose hair should be contained.
– In a case where you are to cut thick metals, you may need to use hearing protection.
– Close fitting and protective clothing should be used to cover the body
– Always remember to use globes
– Beware of potential hazards that may be involved such as high temperature and voltage, noise, fumes, UV radiation, molten metal and flammable materials
If you are looking for a cutter that works 100-percent of the time and also does its job well, we recommend you get the LTP5000D plasma-cutter. We are not recommending this machine only for its low price but for its quality and the ability to get a good job done. While this machine may look similar to other plasma-cutters, it is truly a workhorse.
It’s also an excellent option to those who may need to cut rusty and painted materials. In addition to that, its Dual-Voltage capability makes it easy to use anywhere.