If you are here reading this article, I believe you are looking for a portable but efficient cut-50 plasma cutter suitable to run your metal work.
It doesn’t matter if you a professional, a beginner or a DIY lover, it is always a nice idea to read through reviews to see which device will work best for you.
In this review, we will be discussing what a cut-50 plasma cutter is, factors to consider before buying the best cut50 plasma cutter and at the same time go through the top 5 cut50 plasma cutters on the market.
Top-rated Cut50 Plasma Cutter for 2019
What is a cut50 plasma cutter?
A cut-50 plasma cutter is a device used to cut through metals or any electrically conductive materials using superheated ionized gas also known as plasma.
The amperage capacity for these types of cutters is 50 amperes. They can be used to cut mild steel, stainless steel, brass, aluminum, copper, and other conductive metals with speed and accuracy.
They are frequently used in fabrication shops, industrial construction, automotive repair and scrapping operations
Top 5 Cut 50 Plasma Cutter Reviews
1. SUPER DEAL DC Inverter Plasma Cutter
- 【Superior performance】SUPER DEAL plasma cutter features PRO technology, more stable performance. High duty cycle result in less power consumption. More economical and effcient than the traditional cutting machine due to the high speed, high temperature and high energy plasma draught.
- 【Exquisite workmanship】 Made of heavy duty iron. Its solid material construction makes it reliable and gives it strength that can be used for a long time. It not only can be used in businesses and DIY users, but also fully accommodating the demands of professional operators.
- 【Digital Display】DC output Digital LCD Display, Easy Read Front Panel Air-Pressure Guage, save energy and no noise, High cutting speed, Cutting smoothly and no polish demands.
- 【Considerable & Safe design】Built-in over-heat protection, over-voltage protection, under voltage protection and over heat protection and lack of compressed air pressure protection. Comes with wire and mask, which can prevent you from hurting while using.
- 【Wide range of applications】Suitable for a wide range of applications including sheet metal fabrication, light industrial use, site work, automotive, ducting work, repair and maintenance services. The cutting machine not only use in businesses and DIY users but also fully accommodating the demands of professional operators.
The SUPER DEAL DC-inverter Plasma Cutter has a pilot arc striking system which allows easy starts and as well give a clean cut all the time with no dross or slag.
This device is built to provide exceptional performances. This plasma cutter features the PRO technology for stable performance and it has a high-duty cycle which results in less energy consumption.
It’s more efficient and economical than the common traditional cutting machine owing to its high speed, good cooling system and energy saving features. The device is made of 100% quality heavy-duty iron material.
The solid construction and design makes it reliable and gives it rugged strength to be used for a very long time. This machine can be used not only for personal use in your garage but also for more professional tasks.
It also features a Digital LCD backlight display and an easy to read front panel air pressure gauge. It cuts metal smoothly with less noise and no polish demands and also has an inbuilt overheat protection as well as over and under voltage protection. Excellent for cutting virtually all conductive metals and other applications including light industrial use, sheet metal fabrication, site work, ducting work, automotive, repair/maintenance services.
- A wide range of applications
- Considerable and Safe design
- Digital Display
- Exquisite workmanship
- Superior performance
- No compressed air pressure protection
- It is quite pricey
2. CUT-50, 50 Amp Pro. Plasma Cutter
- Auto-voltage automatically adapts to 100-240V input power, plug adapters included.
- Torch design provides a sure, comfortable grip made from heat and impact resistant material.
- 50 Amp Digital Air Inverter Plasma Cutter handles cuts up to 1.0". Designed for both demanding industrial and construction work, or home and hobby use.
- You can cut stainless steel, alloy steel, mild steel, copper aluminum, and other metal materials.
- Less cleaning, maintenance, noxious gases, and less fire hazard, you have simply less overall work and a better, cleaner cut.
The Amico cut50, 50-A Pro plasma cutter is a newly engineered cutter with a meter and the adjustment attached at the front and a filter fitted within. The newly improved model allows for a more convenient use.
The newly improved digitally controlled 15-50A plasma cutter has enhanced inverter technology for an outstanding cutting performance. The machine is designed to handle minor repair work, small-scale projects as well as heavy duty cutting jobs.
The auto voltage adapts to 100V-240V input power automatically and plug adapters included. The torch design provides a firm grip and comfortable grip from heat and impact-resistant material. Excellent for cutting alloy steel, stainless steel, mild steel, aluminum, copper, and other metal materials.
This cutter gives you the benefit of less maintenance and cleaning, less emission of noxious gases and also decreases the risks of a fire hazard to the barest minimum.
The specifications of this machine are: DC Air Plasma Cutter, 115/240V power supply, AC -115V/33.1A input current at 15-50A, 60% duty cycle at 50A and 100% duty cycle at 3.9A having an average of 85% Efficiency. It also features a fan air cooling method. The package includes work Clamp and cable, 110V and 230V Power Adapter, pressure gauge and air filter together with the instruction manual.
- Works perfectly as advertised
- Works well on thin metals
- Very budget friendly
- No fire hazard
- one year warranty on the product
- No pilot arc-technology
3. Goplus CUT-50 Electric Digital Plasma Cutter
- 【Inverter Technical】By adopting inverter technical of switch power, it greatly reduces the dimensions and weight of main transformer, as well as the efficiency is increased by 30%.
- 【Dual Voltage】The ability of the dual voltage allows the plasma cutter to operate at 110V or 220V, with a power of 60HZ.
- 【Portable Handle】The plasma cutter is equipped with a portable handle, which can easily bring to wherever you need it with the handle.
- 【Special Function】The plasma cutter has the function to supply gas ahead and turn off gas delayed.
- 【Application Environment】The plasma cutter can be used in an outside temperature of -10 degrees to +40 degrees, with the maximum humidity reaching 80%.
Third on the list is the Goplus Cut50 digital electric plasma cutter. It is a brand new professional plasma cutter that gives exceptionally smooth cuts. Excellent for cutting alloy steel, stainless steel, mild steel, aluminum, copper, and other metal materials. Built with the highly advanced technology inverter technology with multiple functions capable of supplying gas ahead and turn-off gas delays.
The Goplus Cut50 plasma cutter offers the following characteristics: reliability, stability, lightness, energy saving, smooth operation with reduced noise, high cutting speed, smooth cutting accuracy with no polish demands. By adopting the inverter technology for the switching power, the weight and dimensions of the main transformer are reduced and as well increased the efficiency by 30%.
The dual voltage feature allows this plasma cutter to operate smoothly at both 110V and 220V with a power of 60HZ. The Goplus plasma cutter is compact and equipped with a portable handle making it easy to be carried around.
This machine can be operated under the environmental temperature ranging between -10 to +40 degrees Celsius with a max relative humidity of about 80%. Hence, it’s safe to say it is excellent for all weather conditions.
- Cuts Smoothly
- Dual voltage
- High Cutting Speed
- Inverter technical
- Cables come unterminated
4. SUNCOO Cut-50 Plasma Cutter
- 50 AMP PLASMA CUTTER. Handles cuts up to 1/2", simple operation and smooth cutting surface. Suitable for cutting carbon steel, stainless steel, copper, iron and aluminum metal, etc.
- SOLID MATERIAL CONSTRUCTION makes it reliable and to be used for a long time. The solid black edges protect the panels and keep the machine stylish
- CONTROL PANEL. LED digital display, pressure gauge contacted with the air nozzle of the rear panel, easy to control. Power pilot lamp & Protection pilot lamp
- STRONG HEAT DISSIPATION. The strong ability of heat dissipation helps to reduce the temperature of its components and increase of service life
- Package Includes SUNCOO CUT 50 x 1, Cutting Torch x 1, Air Regulator x 1, Ground Clamp x 1, Electrode, Nozzle x 1, Gas Pipe Claspers x 2, Brush, Mask, Manual x 1
The SUNCOO Cut50 Plasma Cutter can smoothly cut through aluminum, copper, stainless steel and brass, other conductive metals may as well be cut.
The machine can be employed to handle small jobs such as in the fabrication shops, auto repair and restoration, salvage/scraping operations and also industrial construction.
Due to its high speed, precision cuts, efficiency, and low cost, it is widely used for both large-scale industrial applications down to small-scale projects. The 50A Digital cutter is capable of handling cuts of up to 3/4 inches.
The simple operation as well as smooth edge cuts it provides makes it one of the best for cutting steel, iron, aluminum, and brass. It’s easy to assemble, the brief and clear explanations in the manual make it a whole lot easier to use.
The auto voltage automatically adapts to the 110V-220V input power. The cutting capture of this machine increases two folds as compared to a typical flame cutter. Specially designed for both industrial and construction work as well as home and hobby use. Minimal maintenance services needed as the cutter is engineered to emit reduced noxious gases.
- Quite easy to set up
- Suitable for cutting iron, copper, stainless steel, and aluminum metal
- Dual voltage
- Lightweight design
- Heavy-duty construction
- Doesn’t come with a mask for heat protection
- Needs large compressor
5. VIVOHOME DC Inverter Plasma Cutting Machine
- Improved cutting ability, compared with the oxy-acetylene cutting, the cutting speed increased by 1.8 times
- 50Hz frequency is inverted to high frequency (frequency is over 100KHz) by MOSFET
- The step down voltage and rectification current, inverter power supply generates powerful DC welding currant through PWM technology
- Thick steel plate cutting is very convenient , fast and economical. Max cutting thickness:1-12mm
- Can be used widely, it is suitable for cutting stainless steel, alloy steel, mild steel, copper and other metal materials
The VIVOHOME CUT-50 is equipped with the most recent advanced invert technology. 50-Hz frequency is converted to high frequency (over 100KHz).
The step-down voltage, rectification current, and the inverter power supply produce powerful DC- welding current through the PWM technology. Because the inverter switch power technology is adopted, the weight and the dimensions of the main transformer is reduced significantly.
Also, the efficiency of the machine is increased by 30%. This plasma cutter features the piloting arc system which strikes the arc easily with relatively high oscillating frequency. Enhanced cutting ability as compared to oxy-acetylene cutting with cutting speed that’s comfortably twice as fast.
This machine is suitable for cutting alloy steel, stainless steel, mild steel brass, copper, and other metal materials. The Continuous current regulation, smooth cutting surface, cutting accuracy, and high performance makes it work more efficiently.
It also has an LCD light and screen display that enables you to view all information clearly. Excellent heat dissipation for long service life. Very easy to use and the price is great considering the excellent performance this cutter offers.
- Improved cutting ability
- Enhanced cooling system
- Dual voltage operation
- Low-pressure requirement
- Long-lasting consumables
- Complicated warranty scheme
- Some users have questioned the durability of this machine.
Factors consideration before buying the Best cut50 plasma cutter
A good cut50 plasma cutter shortens turnaround time, reduce the required effort input and delivers cuts with neat surfaces. Here we provide you with some of the factors you need to put into consideration which will enable you to get the best cut50 plasma cutter that will suit your budget and cutting needs.
One easy way to identify which tier a plasma cutter belongs to is by looking at the cut speed for a metal thickness and the severance cut. For instance,
The Powermax-45: This device has a severance capacity of 1-inch and it’s capable of handling 1/2-inch metal thickness at the rate of 20-inches per minute.
The Powermax30 XP: This plasma cutter has a severance capacity of 5/8-inches and is capable of cutting 1/2 metal thickness at the rate of 10-inches per minute.
The Super Deal Cut 50: has a severance capacity of 1/2-inch, capable of cutting 3 to 4 inches long per minute.
From the example given above, we will get to understand that the first cutter is low tier cutter, while the second and the last ones are mid and top-tier cutters respectively. Do well to consider the thickness of the material you will be cutting and select a device in the appropriate tier.
The best plasma cutters are those that operate smoothly on both 120V and 220V. But ensure the switching process between the 120V and the 220V is easy.
When a machine has 40 percent duty-cycle at 30A and 120V, it means the machine will require six minutes of downtime after four minutes of active use. Hence, choose a machine with a higher duty cycle.
This reflects on the cutting power of the cutter. The higher the output current the greater the cutting power. However, this does not always mean more current will translate to higher performance.
There are some parts of the plasma cutter that wear down as you continue to use them, these are known as the consumables. Therefore, you will need to change them at intervals. Make sure these easy to wear parts of the plasma cutter you buy are not difficult to get!!!
Portability and building quality
There will most probably be a need to move your cut50 plasma cutter from one site to another. In that case, ensure your Cutter comes with a strong carrying case and also rugged build quality. The weight of the machine is might also be a thing of concern. If portability matters to you, then ensure you settle for a relatively lightweight model.
When buying any product, make sure to read the warranty policy. Carefully read and comprehend the term and conditions and also nature and claiming process. This way, you can be sure your investment is secure over a long period.
Today, plasma cutters are popular products in the market and there are lots of brands and models to select from. All the devices featured in our best cut50 plasma cutter reviews are great in their capacities but our personal recommendation will be the VIVOHOME-DC Inverter Plasma Cutting Machine.
Our choice is based on the convenience, speed, high performance, precision cuts and efficiency combined with low cost and economical operation it offers. The final decision is yours to make and we hope this detailed guide makes the process of getting your cut50 plasma cutter easier.