In a world full of advanced technology, it’s usual that your home contains some of the mechanical systems that were out of imagination for people to buy back in the 70s or 80s.
Talking of technology, television has packed entertainment inside our 4 walls; refrigerator has made it easier to stock those leftover pizzas (never happened on my side!) to store so that you can eat it tomorrow or simply this monitor (which you stare almost always be it at home or work) – all these are nothing but blessings of science.
However, all these TVs, Fridge, Computers are created by those big shots, but what about the common people like us who have a little-mechanical-engineer-spirit rooted deep inside our heart, wants to create things by themselves? Now here is the right time to introduce you about the Welder.
If you are into metalworking, a Welder saves time and energy as it helps you to weld thicker metals uniformly in just one pass. Plus, you can utilize your creative mind here and create your own piece of artistry with this tool.
Now, as your inner-mechanical-spirit has wake up, you may think you will just visit the shop nearby and buy the cheapest Chinese welder- because as you believe “saving is the key”. But let me tell you one thing, if you have a defective welder it will do nothing but create a massacre to your home (which you don’t want, of course).
But keep on reading; you’ll soon realize that you are in the right place. We are going to take you on a ride to know about the best and affordable Welders that are available in the market to help your journey begin.
Note: Since there are varying volts of Welder, we’ll not jump directly to the highest -but start our journey slow and steady with the lowest and gradually increase our volume (a-wink-face-here-which-you-can’t-see).
Top-rated 110v and 115v Mig Welder for 2020
Top-rated 120v Mig Welder for 2020
|1||Lincoln Electric K2185-1 Handy MIG Welder||198 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|2||LINCOLN ELECTRIC CO K2697-1 Easy MIG 140 Wire Feed Welder,||Buy on Amazon|
Top-rated 220v Mig Welder for 2020
Best 110 volt and 115 volt Mig Welder Reviews
1. Lotos MIG140
- ★ Aluminum Wire Feeder—The durable high quality aluminum wire feeder offers a much more stable and better welding experience.
- ★2T/4T—2T(Manual)/4T(Semi-auto) switch is now available; you can release your finger for long time welding job.
- ★ More Precisely--Customer can adjust the wire feeder speed and welding voltage more precisely with the 2 digital displayers. new designed ground cable quick connector.
- ★Rated Output--140-amp MIG welder; mild/stainless steel: 24 gauge - 3/16"; input voltage: 110/120v; it can be easily connected to your existing 110/120v wall outlet.
- ★Multi Use--Welding stainless steel, mild steel, aluminum (with a spool gun, not include in the package, need to purchase separate) and other metal materials.
- ★Wire Range-- . 025"-. 030" (0. 6-0. 8mm) Solid Steel; . 030"-. 035" (0. 8-0. 9mm) Flux Cored.
- ★Buy with Confidence--As We Offer 30-Day 100% Satisfaction or Money Back and 1 Year Limited ;
- ★What’s Include--MIG torch, Ground Clamp Cable, Gas Hose, Argon Regulator, . 023” (0. 6mm) & . 035” (0. 9mm) Contact Tips, Welding Mask and Wire. Wire range: 0. 025 in. - 0. 030 inches
First, if you want something for regular use at home this Lotos MIG140 Wire Welder is your go-to-welder. There is no question on its durability as it is made with solid stellar wire feed motor functionality. Its advanced transformer technology is a pure blessing for those mechanical-heads-like-you.
If you want to know more about its features, look no more, it has the extensive voltage (10 different) settings that are equipped with wire speed adjustments between 0 to 100% – so, if customization is your priority, you can easily do that with this tool, making it the easiest, versatile and user-friendly tools than most of its competitors.
As a cherry on top, it is built with stainless steel, welding mild steel, and aluminum plates- making it a solid welder once-and-for-all. Plus, bonus points! It has a power efficiency of 80%. So who refuse to like this good boy?
- Durable construction
- Lightweight design with only 54 pounds
- 110 voltage design
- Easy to carry handle for traveling
- 10 variable voltage settings
- 2T/4T switch in-built
- Adjustable wire speed (0-100%)
- LCD displays the current status
- Works on aluminum and stainless steel
- Aluminum wire feeder in-built
- Do not come with spool gun
- Not powerful enough for heavy-duty projects
2. Lincoln Electric K2185-1 Handy MIG Welder
If you want a lightweight welder that is powerful enough to weld thick material easily, then Lincoln Electric K2185-1 is your thing. With the amount you have to pay for this “bullet”, you may think it’s just another welder with little of use, but trust me on this- there is a reason I call it “bullet”. It comes with 4 different settings, and you can pick up your ones that suit your need.
Once and for all, Lincoln Electric K2185-1has everything you ever want in a welder, affordable yet powerful, lightweight, easy to assemble cable, gas regulator with hose and nozzle, hand shield with plate and lens, etc. The only thing you need is a cylinder of protective gas and you are good to go.
- Easy to use and assemble
- Compact (46 lbs.) and portable
- Welds up to 24 gauge (that has a maximum thickness of 1/8 inch thickness)
- Good for Maintenance, Farm/Ranch, and Home usages
- Not recommended for industrial usage
3. Hobart Handler 140 MIG Welder
- Welds 24 ga up to 1/4 in mild steel
- Processes Recommended-MIG-Cast Iron,Copper,Brass,Titanium, Magnesium Alloys. Flux Cored- Aluminium, Cast Iron,Copper,Brass,Titanium, Magnesium Alloys
- Operates off 115V standard household current.Wire Feed Speed Range 40 - 700 IPM. 50 - 740 IPM at no load
- Amperage output: 25–140; 20% duty cycle @ 90 Amps, 19V
- 5-position voltage control selector adds a smooth, stable arc at all welding thicknesses
Now let’s talk about some basics, if you are a beginner then jumping to buy the highest voltage welder would be a sheer wastage. Why spend money on a hulk when you can continue your little housework with this powerful yet lightweight gem?
This Hobart Handler 140 MIG Welder can not only weld 24 gauzes of mild steel (up to ¼ thicknesses) but also on Copper, Brass, Titanium, and Magnesium Alloys. It has a 5-position voltage control operator that adds a smooth, stable arc to all of your welding thicknesses.
This perfect tool operates on standard 115V household current and is extremely useful for those who want to work on different household repairs and yard projects. Overwhelmed? Well, there’s more! This amazing welder has the sturdiest safety measures- so no worries regarding the security.
- Smooth Welding
- Welds 24 gauge up to 1/4 inch of mild steel
- Cables are short
4. LONGEVITY Mig Welder
- Operates on 110v standard outlet power. With power plug installed
- Powerful welder capable of welding up to 3/8" mild steel
- Shares the same consumables found in local stores, easy to learn and operate, comes with wire.
- Operate the unit on gas or use flux-core gasless welding
- Extremely portable, plug and use anywhere. Perfect for the home, shop, and repair welding
The name says it all – LONGEVITY is the best 110 MIG welder that is not only durable but also perfect for that little house repairing work. Why? – because it’s lightweight and portable with being only 54 pounds, easy to carry it anywhere you want.
This welder is perfect for the beginners as you don’t have to struggle with the setup or maintenance process. Since I mentioned its best for ‘beginners’- therefore use it only for usual light-handed repairing and not for any constructional work.
Versatility is its core feature, as you can do both flux and core welding this tool. Plus you can use it on both steel and aluminum (but you do have to purchase a separate spool for it). Not only these, but this bad boy also comes with all the necessary components, welding mask, wear roll, gas regulator gauze, steel and hammer brush, and a cable (300A)- it has everything you name it.
- Portable design
- Easy to carry, convenient
- Both flux- core welding
- 110-volt capacity
- Programmable voltage settings
- Options of variable speed
- Recommended for household repairs
- Aluminum spool has to be bought separately
- The motor has the tendency to shut off unexpectedly
Best 120 volt Mig Welder Reviews
1. Lincoln Handheld MIG Welder
The best 120v welder is here to rescue you if you want to weld some mild steel, stainless steel, carbon and aluminum with material thickness up to 3/16″. You can firm with this welder without hassle as it comes with all the necessary components including gun, spool, and regulator. If you want you can also replace the spool gun with a Magnum 100SG.
One of the customers mentioned that he has used Lincoln MIG handheld welder for 16years with gas and glasses wire, and never found any problem. The only thing he reported is that the system shuts down when overheated, so keep that in mind fellas!
- Portable, weighs only 66 lbs.
- Affordable price
- Comes with Electric Magnum 100SG spool-gun that can be replaced with the regular spool.
- Not ideal for heavy-duty jobs
- 3/32” body and cullet
- Have to spend extra on a separate cullet and body if the MIG involves 0.20”, 0/040” or 1/16” electrodes.
2. Lincoln Electric K2185-1 Handy MIG Welder
- Welding & Soldering Equipment & Supplies
- Import From: Mexico
- Commercial Brand: Lincoln Electric
If you want to spend on something that is affordable without compromising performance than Lincoln Electric K2185-1 Handy MIG Welder (120 V) would be the one for you. It has a safety feature with an in-built 70amp, which keep the wire cooler for the longest time.
By the way, it is the most lightweight among the bunch with being only 26 pounds. The gas core remains clean even after a number of uses, so is the flux core. You don’t have to constantly reload wire because of its solid wire spool feed.
However, the regulator doesn’t come with gauze so you have to do the guesswork on how much gauze is left in the container or how much of it is coming out. Overall, it’s a good match to your need if you want to do the simple housework with it like lawn mowing.
- Comes with nice instruction book
- Can weld any size soft metal of up to 1/8” thick
- The package comes with all necessary components to get started immediately.
- 70 amp safety feature
- 1-year warranty
- The regulator doesn’t come with a gauze
- The shield is poorly built
Best 220v Mig Welder Reviews
1. ViperMig 180amp Mig Welder
- 115v/220v Dual Voltage with Included Pigtail
- 9' Mig gun, 9' Ground, Stinger, Flowmeter all included
- 30% Duty Cycle at 180Amps
- Cast Aluminum wire feed assembly
- 1 year warranty
Now let’s talk about some of the big shots, the VIPER MIG180 is the new inverter-based welder that has two voltages (115v/220v). Don’t worry about the wire applications, as it can weld on both gas-less and gas-shield.
It is extremely easy to set up and, needs fewer volume adjustments and the wire feed enables you with an effortless setting of welding parameters. Its Burn Back adjustment is amazing, it keeps the wire ready every time you need welding. Plus, it doesn’t shut down even after burning 5 pounds of sticks- as mentioned by one of the users.
ViperMig 180amp Mig Welder can be used for everything, starting from DIYs to the home workshop, and from building trailers to tractor hitch repairs. Price and performance- you have it all with this.
- Well-built and sturdy
- Cast iron, stainless and aluminum wire
- The package comes with 9′ MIG gun, 9′ Ground, Stinger and Flowmeter
- Versatile; has dual voltage
- Provides with 1-year warranty
- No spools gun option
2. MIG Welder 220/208/230VAC by Lincoln Electric
- Series- Power MIG 216
- Type- Mig/Flux core
- Welded material- Mild steel, stainless steel and aluminum
- Input voltage: 220/208/230VAC
- Portability- Wheeled mounted
Another Lincoln product, this MIG welder is ideal for varying types of work, be it easy or tough-you will have it all with these varying volts available. Use it for everything, from maintenance, repair, metal fabrication, to farm/auto body, light industrial usages. Moreover, it can weld material of certain sorts, such as mild, stainless steel, and aluminum with a thickness of 1/2″.
However, Lincoln doesn’t provide any warranty, so you have to be cautious while buying; specifically look at the wiring and ground system, a faulty ground system can burn the motherboard. Plus, it’s a bit heavier (206 pounds) than its competitors, so that’s a problem too.
But to fix this, Lincoln has added wheels to it making it easy to carry anywhere you want. Plus, you know you can do all the constructional repairing with this tool which is not possible by the little ones (say lighter welders)- so it’s a win-win-situation overall!
- Can weld any material with ease
- Have wheels to make it portable
- Easy to set up with either quick connect or thumbscrews
- Very durable and well- built
- Recommended for heavy-duty projects
- Provides smooth welding arc
- Heavy (206 pounds)
- Falls in the expensive category
- Not ideal for beginners
3. Lincoln Electric Power MIG 210
- Dual Voltage Inputs (120V or 230V) means you can plug into any common power supply
- Lightweight and portable–just 40 lbs.
- Intuitive push-and-turn digital controls make setup a breeze
- Large color display guides you through the setup process
- Advanced options and settings are simple to access
The best MIG welder is something that offers multi-process power supply that can help all the hobbyist, educator and contractors with the stick, welding, TIG, and flux-cored welding. Color display option would let you know that you have spent money on a good product, where the push-and-turn digital will allow you to control and make setup an easy process. Moreover, its advanced settings and options are easy to process and access.
Lincoln Electric Power MIG 210 Mp #K3963-1 has the sturdy built with it’s all all-metal wire drive and sheet metal construction. It is 24/7 ready for any welding services, in-home or at the shop. It is ideal for both beginners and professionals.
That’s not all! This tool is extremely lightweight with being only 40lbs, and thus portable and can be taken wherever you want. Plus, it can be plugged anywhere with any common power supply; and it has dual voltage inputs of 120V or 230V.
The MIG can weld up to 5/16 inches of aluminum, mild or stainless steel, with a thickness of up to 3/16 inches. It has the power to tackle any jobs because of its flux-cored (glass and self-shielded). The DC Stick can handle stick electrodes of up to 5/32 inches.
- Easy to set up and use
- Large color display options help in the setup and make the process simple
- Users mentioned that even if they didn’t have adequate gas supply or 220v, it still weld well
- Durable and well built
- No drawbacks have been reported so far.
4. Miller Electric 120/240VAC
- Price For: Each Series: Millermatic 211 Aluminum - Material Thickness: 18 ga. to 3/8" Mild Steel - Material Thickness: 24 ga. to 3/8" Stainless Steel - Material Thickness: 20 ga. to 1/4" Hz: 60 Input Amps: 17
- Includes: 10 ft. M-10 MIG Gun, 10 ft. Work Cable with Clamp, Built-In Gas Solenoid Valve, Dual Gauge Regulator with Gas Hose, Sample Spool of 0.030 in. Solid Wire, (2) 0.030 in. Contact Tips, (2) Hook-and-Loop Cord Wraps, Material Thickness Gauge Overall Width: 20-1/2" Standards: CSA Certified Overall Height: 12-1/2"
- Features: Advanced Auto-SetTM, Auto Spoolgun Detect, Smooth-StartTM, Angled Cast-Aluminum Drive System, Quick SelectTM Drive Roll, Thermal Overload Protection, Fan-on-Demand Phase: 1 Input Voltage: 240VAC Welded Material: Aluminum, Steel Output Range: 30 to 230A DC Welding Processes: MIG/Flux Core Portability: Handheld Portable Application: Maintenance, Repair, Auto/Cycle Shops, Farm and Ranch Jobs, Hobby Welding
Another lightweight yet one of the best, Miller Electric 120/240VAC, 1 Phase will never disappoint you with its performance. But a word of caution- this is NOT for beginners, would be a waste if a beginner plan to use this because of its heavy-duty components. So what makes this oh-so-powerful!
Miller Electric 120/240VAC, 1 Phase has all the advanced technology built into it; the advanced Auto-Set TM, Smooth-Start TM, Auto Spool gun Detect, Quick Select TM Drive Roll, Angled Cast-Aluminum Drive System, Thermal Overload Protection, and Fan-on-Demand
Its input voltage is 240VAC, which is one of the highest here. And it can weld materials such as aluminum and steel with MIG/Flux Core welding processes. In terms of portability, as mentioned before, it is extremely lightweight with being only 49.9 pounds. If you are worried about where to use it, worry no more because it can be used everywhere you need some repairing. Auto/cycle shops, Farm, yard, or ranch- it gets the job done.
Now let’s talk about packaging and what it includes. Miller Electric 120/240VAC, 1 Phase includes 10 feet M-10 MIG Gun, Built-In Gas Solenoid Valve, 10 feet. Work Cable with Clamp, Dual Gauge Regulator with Gas Hose, Sample Spool of 0.030 inches Solid Wire To top it all off, this amazing product is CSA certified!
Now, what material it can weld?- Well, almost everything! Starting with aluminum, Miller Electric 120/240VAC, 1 Phase can weld 18 gauzes of material with thickness up to 3/8″. In terms of mild steel, it can weld 24 gauzes of material with thickness up to 3/8″. And finally, with stainless steel, it can weld 20 gauzes of material with thickness up to 1/4″.
- Provides strong and smooth welds
- Powerful welder and recommended for professionals
- Lightweight (49.9 pounds) for such a heavy-duty MIG welder
- Can weld almost all types of material
- Dual voltage capacity
- Doesn’t create humming or buzzing sound
- Not recommended for beginners or inexperienced users, because of the high-speed wires that come with it
- Falls in the expensive category
- Short ground cable
5. LOTOS 175AMP Mig Welder
- ★ Aluminum Wire Feeder--The durable high quality aluminum wire feeder offers a much more stable and better welding experience.
- ★Spool Gun Include-- High-speed MIG spool gun for aluminum welding, 10 feet 4 inches long, 4-prong end connection, 1lb aluminum wire with dia. 0. 9 millimeter included. Can welder 3/16" or thinner aluminum plate.
- ★Reliable and Durable-- Its transformer technology has been proven to be reliable and durable.
- ★Rated Output--175-amp MIG welder; mild/stainless steel: 18 Gauge – 1/4"; Aluminum: 3/16" or Thinner. Input voltage: 220/240V AC.
- ★Multi Use--Welding stainless steel, mild steel, aluminum (with a spool gun, already include in the package, no need to purchase separate) and other metal materials.
- ★Wire Range-- . 025"-. 030" (0. 6-0. 8mm) Solid Steel; . 030"-. 035" (0. 8-0. 9mm) Flux Cored.
- ★What’s Include--MIG torch, Aluminum Spool Gun, Ground Clamp Cable, Gas Hose, Argon Regulator, . 023” (0. 6mm) & . 035” (0. 9mm) Contact Tips, Welding Mask and Wire. Wire range: 0. 025 in. - 0. 030 inches
- ★ BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: We offer a 30 day refund and 1-year , please submit registration form on our website.
The LOTOS MIG175 falls in the category of versatile welders. Its 175-amp MIG Welder with spool gun, regulator, mask, and stand torch can weld aluminum, mild-stainless steel, and other metal materials without any hassle. This MIG welder provides value for your money as it has the power efficiency of 80% and can be set up and make ready to use within 10 minutes.
This durable tool operates on 200-240V and has an automatic dual frequency of 50/60Hz. One of the best 220 volts mig would be this as its transformer technology has been proven really reliable and is perfect for those extreme hobbyists who don’t plan to go for mass production.
- Best affordable MIG welder for home use
- Comes with all the necessary components
- Easy to setup and use.
- The spool gun is included in the package
- Lightweight and portable.
- Versatile MIG welder.
- The gas cylinder is not provided with the welder and has to be purchased separately.
6. MIG-195 Gas / no gas MIG Welder
Last but definitely not the least in our list, is the MIG-195 Gas / no gas MIG, Welder. This welder has a thermal safety option which is very simple to operate.
Once you open the welder you will find 3 different terminals, namely hot, neutral, and ground. Since the neutral can be isolated from the ground, what you can do is hook the two-phase power source i.e. 110v on hot and 110v on neutral. Then simply ground it to the breaker panel. But it’s important to mention that you have to spend on different cords for this.
Since this product is extremely lightweight, it can be used for daily uses at home DIYs, garage, or in small shops.
- Welds are nice and clean
- Lightweight, 43 pounds
- Dual function with gas/no gas mode
- Comes with 190amp Mig 195 Welder W/ 2 Wheel, Welding Mask and Wire, Chipping Hammer, Wire Brush, Ground Cord, Torch and Tip
- Customers complained that it is difficult to thread the wire in the feed
- No instruction manual is provided with the welder
- Doesn’t come with a gas hose
Things to consider while buying 110v/120v/220v MIG welder
First and foremost, money matters! Since there are varying volts of welding machines, the price varies as well. But it is seen that the higher the volts of a MIG welder, the greater the price would be. So, before you hop into buying, sit down and think- why you need a welder? Do you want to use it for home repairs or want to take it your experience to the next level with some advanced tool?
If you want to use at home, go for 110V or 115V welders, they will get the job done. For home usages, our top pick is the Lincoln Electric K2185-1 Handy MIG Welder (110 V) one and you definitely know why by now (see above for a quick glance). On the other hand, if you are a professional, go for Miller Electric 120/240VAC, 1 Phase- you will thank us soon!
Duty cycle is important to check before you purchase your MIG welder. This is because it gives you an overall idea of how long the welder will run before getting heated up.
Now, amperes would let you know about the material thickness constraints that you can weld up to. For example, MIG-195 Gas / no gas MIG Welder has a welding amp of 190, this means it can take the material thickness of up to 4.0 millimeter.
Yes, there are so many options to choose for when you are on the quest of the best 110v/120v/220v MIG welder. But we have sorted down all for you to make your journey a little easier. First, our advice would be to plan which volt you want to go for, allocate your budget accordingly, and only after that go for the welding shopping.
I’m sure you are all sorted out, aren’t you?